Sunday, September 10, 2006

Dinner at Midnight

I don't often go out to dinners where the appetizers first show up at midnight and the main course well after 1 AM. Nor do I often go to movie premieres, hang out with A-List celebrities, and de-construct Led Zeppelin songs with rising young rock stars. But that's exactly what I did Saturday night, where I went to a screening of the documentary I Trust You to Kill Me and had dinner afterwards with the subjects of the movie, the Long Beach, CA band Rocco Deluca and the Burden and Kiefer Sutherland (who not only appears in the movie but is also co-founder of the record label that discovered Rocco). If you like slide guitar and smoking hot vocals (and if you like Led Zeppelin, Jeff Buckley, Muddy Waters and the many other artists Rocco's music resembles), his CD will blow you away (btw, don't trust the negative reviews of the movie you may have read in places like the New York Times, the audience at the screening loved it). I should also put in a plug for The Spotted Pig, which served the the most kick-ass food I've had in a long time.

No comments: